The Boston Lykeion Ellinidon wishes all of our members, collaborators, neighbors and friends a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
2018 was the 20th anniversary of our organization – and thanks to your enthusiastic support of our mission, over the past year we:
- Celebrated Greek New Year’s traditions at Vasilopita and Greek Carnival traditions at Karnavali, with a special focus on the customs of Rethymno, Crete
- Launched our first Participatory Course in Traditional Greek Music, taught by Berklee professor and acclaimed musician Lefteris Kordis
- Hosted our first annual Vimata Greek Dance Workshop, and continued to provide instruction at the Maliotis Greek Dance Workshop
- Ensured that Greek cultural heritage continues to be showcased at local commemorations, including Greek Independence Day at Somerville City Hall, the Greek Independence Day Parade of Boston, and the Boston Marathon Wreath Ceremony
- Performed at over thirteen festivals and events across New England – even traveling as far as Ocean City, Maryland to bring authentic Greek dance to the annual Ocean City Greek Festival
- Kicked off our Guardianship of the Greek Language Department’s programming with a lecture on “Romios” in Greek Songs of Heroic Sacrifice
With your partnership, we are thrilled to build on these accomplishments in 2019. To help us in furthering our mission, please consider subscribing to our newsletter, becoming a member, taking a dance class in Cambridge or Manchester, making a tax-deductible donation or sponsoring an event. We look forward to celebrating Greek culture and traditions with you in the coming year! And until then, καλά Χριστούγεννα και Καλή Χρονιά από όλους μας!